Thursday, November 8, 2007
The addiction
OK, I am admitting it. I have an addiction. I LOVE candy. I try to think back on my life to see if I have always been this way and I can't remember. Ryan makes fun of me because I eat peeps. I love that marshmallowy sugar. Most people I talk to hate them, but other people have to like eating them or they wouldn't sell them at the store. About the only thing I won't eat is hard candy. I hate suckers and stuff like that. Well, with it being Halloween season, I was just eating way to much. I was physically tired which is just not like me so, I had to do something. When I was talking to Ryan trying to figure out a way to motivate me he suggested we could have a competition. I Agreed. The terms were we had to go a week with out candy. If he could do it he could go golfing, if I could do it I could go get a massage. Ryan laughed at me saying,"You know I am going to win. I am to competitive to let you win and you love candy." Ryan is a super competitive guy. If you give him a challenge he is bound and determined to do it. Anyways, the week went on and I had my moments. There was one night I had a Carmel in hand thinking about eating it but, I put it down and walked away. I had moments of I NEED sugar. Well, last night Ryan came home and told me that when he was at the bank, without thinking he popped a piece of candy in his mouth. So that means I WIN!!!! But, then I realized Ryan was going golfing today anyways. You know he has to go,"It's Work." That is what he tells me all the time. So, I decided those terms weren't really fair. He goes golfing all the time and I never get massages. So I told him that what the terms really were, was that he got to go golfing guilt free. No nagging about how I wish my job included childless fun. This bet doesn't really end until Saturday. And you know what, even after Ryan's confession I haven't eaten any candy. I guess I am not as addicted as I thought I was. Maybe, I will even see how long I can go without eating it at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You go girl! No sugar is tough for the first week, but it gets easier after that. Good for you. I like Peeps, too. Although, I've never met another adult that likes them. I knew I liked you.
Sweets are a hard one for me too. I've got to just keep it all out of the house PERIOD! If it is around I'll eat it. Thankfully, Jack didn't want to go trick or treating this year so we have no left over halloween candy.
Go, Keep going, you can do this and feel great!
Heather, you go get that massage! You deserve it. I am a fellow peeps lover and get them every Easter and now they have them for Halloween, Valentine's Day and Christmas too! Go to www.marshmallowpeeps.com--it'll make you smile:)
Once you get past the withdrawls, then it's not too bad. But from Halloween to New Years you'd have to live out in the woods like a hermit, to avoid candy. So, you should feel very proud of your will power. Go girl!
Post a Comment