Sunday, August 10, 2008

Utah Trip


We went to Utah for two weeks. Our family did so much stuff there. We mostly went to baptize Hayden and to visit. We did tons of stuff with all of our family and friends like: the zoo, swimming, Lagoon, Stadium of Fire, the parade, Sleep overs, picnics and lots of fireworks. The kids had so much fun playing with all their cousins and some friends from our old neighborhood. Ryan and I did get away one night to go to Park City. We went and did the Alpine slide and coaster by ourselves. It was a nice break for us. Well, I think our kids had a little too much fun because on our way home Hunter and Hayden asked why we couldn't move back to Utah. They thought it was so much fun there. I tried to explain to them that if we lived there we wouldn't do all the stuff we did like that everyday. I know they miss their family and friends. Then Hunter demanded to know one GOOD reason why we should live in NC. I reminded him that his dad doesn't travel near as much as he used to and that is why we moved to NC. He just replied "Oh, I forgot." There was no more arguing. So, we all miss Utah but, we have more family time living NC. And if we moved from here we would miss all our new family and friends too.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

My kids keep saying they want to go back to Utah too. We never lived there with them, but when we go, it's so much fun with all the cousins around. But you're right about it not being that way everyday. I think it's perfect to go and visit, but I wouldn't want to live there:) Glad you had a fantastic time.

Ali Miller said...

Great pictures, and I'm glad you posted Haden's baptism video - it's so cute. It's fun to see how big they've become. I'm finishing up Rhett's and I cry every time I review it. Well, we had a lot of fun with you all while you were here.

Keni wants to tell Noah - he's a best friend, and thanks for having fun with me.