I just found out today is national left-handed day. I'm wishing my little lefty (Hayden) a happy day. Most of the time I don't even think about him being left handed but sometimes I realize that things are different for him. For example when I taught him to tie his shoes I realized after a couple tries that I had to turn it around for him or the mouse to the computer is for a right handed person. I just saw I could buy a left handed mouse on the Internet for 99$. I'll pass. So far I haven't bought any special left handed stuff for him. I just don't have him use the can opener. I also saw a web site saying there aren't any left handed desks in college. I have never even thought about that. I guess he will just deal with it when he goes to college. The one thing that has been a problem is for his B-day he asked for an electric guitar. I found one at target and it had an amp and beginner music. I thought perfect. We gave it to him for his B-day and he excitedly opened the box. Then it dawned on me that he is left handed. So we took it back. I'm still trying to decide what I should do; search for a left handed guitar (expensive) or one person suggested having the strings put on upside down . I think I need to talk to someone who teaches guitar. Can't he just play the piano?
I didn't know this but there are a lot of superstitions associated with the left hand. Click on this link if you want to see some of them http://www.anythingleft-handed.co.uk/lefty_myths.html
It explains the little devil that sometimes gets the best of Hayden. :)
Anyways, for all you lefties enjoy this day. I think I'm going to buy my guy a little treat for his special day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay for Lefties! They're suppose to be gifted people I hear. So, hurrah for Hayden! That's funny about the can opener, us righties take it for granted that everything has been made for us. Happy Lefties Day!!
Savanna is a leftie so I know all about the frustrations. It took me forever to realize why she was struggling with the comptuer. Then when I would find the mouse on the other side of the keyboard it dawned on me. She has learned to use the mouse with her right hand so that has made it easier. But cool about a left handed day!! Good luck with looking for a guitar. You figure out something. :)
We don't have any leftie's over here! I am so glad! Rick started out as a lefty and his Mom forced him to use his right hand. If you ask me, he never did learn enough control to legibly write anything!
Post a Comment